This is my evaluation of what went wrong with this session:
- Rattled, and lost confidence (see previous post)
- Sitting down (i should never sit down)
- Tired and Lacked enthusiams (see previous post)
- Never practised this session enough
- Got lost in this session
- Too much code (confused the audience, and me), can't see wood for trees
- I got bored (if I am bored, you guys have no chance)
- Live Coding, and Reference apps were disconnected.
- Flow was wrong
- Not clear what bit of code i was working on
The real problems with this session, was due to the way i had structured this presentation, and how complicated, and ambitious I was.
Without comfort in the tools (for presenting purpose), and with a very different flow, everybody including me got rather lost.
I was boring, and unenthusiastic (due to the events leading upto this presentation).
I have some serious work to do on this, but I am pretty sure this will never happen again.
In future posts, I will discuss how i plan to rectify this in the future.