Thursday 9 August 2007

Silverlight 1.0, Visual Studio 2008 (Orcas), Sql Server 2008 (Katmai) Release Dates

Visual Studio 2008 (Orcas)

RTM - End of this year (Expected in November)
Launch - February 27th 2008

SQL Server 2008 (Katmai)

RTM - May 9th 2008
Launch - February 27th 2008 (Marketing Launch Only)

Windows Server 2008

RTM - End of this year (Expected in November)
Launch - February 27th 2008

Silverlight

Silverlight 1.0 - Unknown but Scott Guthrie did say it would be end of this Summer. The real question is how long does Scott Guthrie think a Summer lasts, if he is a pessimist (we should expect it very soon), if he is an optimist (not so soon).
The current RC expires November, so it is likely to be before then.
I am going to take a stab in the dark, and I reckon they might do a surprise release at Mix07 in the UK on September the 11th. Especially since Mr Guthrie himself will be there (and I thought I read Tim Sneath would be there also). However this is my humble guess, and if any Microsoft bods would like to give me the actual date it would be most appreciated.

Silverlight 1.1 - Uknown not expected until 2008

No comments: