Wednesday 18 March 2009

Silverlight: Out of Browser, uninstalling doesn't update execution state

So lets say I have my Silverlight 3 application, and I decide to run my app "Out of Browser".

The Execution State allows me to determine if my application is detached (i.e. installed as an Out Of Browser application, or Running Online, there are some other states)

Application.Current.ExecutionState


As soon as I install my application as an out of browser application, then both my "In Browser" and "Out of Browser" can detect that my application is detached (i.e. is installed as out of browser).



However if I then subsequently uninstall my "Out of Browser" application, the "In Browser" application is not notified of the update, and still thinks I am in the detached state.  This state isn't refreshed until I reload my Silverlight application

No comments: