Sunday 22 June 2008

Silverlight Encryption (Part 1)

So I'm working on a little application at the moment, where I want to store some stuff in Isolated Storage. The main issue i have is that I don't particularly want to leave the data in the clear, I really want to encrypt this data.

So I knocked up a little test application which will allow me to encrypt data in a Silverlight application.

A screenshot of the test application is below

image

The test is simple, all i do is enter some text to encrypt, click on the encrypt button, and we get the encrypted data.

To ensure all is ok, I can take the encrypted string, and put it in the decryption textbox, click on decrypt and check the result matches my original string.

In my next article, I will discuss in more detail how the code works. In the meantime you can download the source from my skydrive

You can also view an online demo of this application here.

No comments: