Tuesday 30 June 2009

I’ve got lots to say just not enough time

I haven’t really spent anytime blogging in the past few months.  I have a tons of things to say, unfortunately just don’t have enough time at the moment.

I’ve obviously been writing my book on Azure and have loads to blog about regarding.

I’ve also spent time messing around with

    • design patterns
    • Data Layers
    • OR/M’s,
    • Caching

I’ve also been looking outside of the Microsoft stack which reaffirms my position of why I’m glad I work with Microsoft.  However it has broadened my horizons and realize there is a lot of cool stuff other folks in other platforms are doing.  Some of it the same, some of it different.

Specifically I was looking at:

  • Postgres
  • Objective C
  • IPhone development

I’m currently looking forward to .NET 4.0 (haven’t really played with it yet as I’ve been focused on the book).  The thing that excites me the most is ADO.NET Entity Framework 4.0.

I’ve also got a big list of things to play with once the first draft of the book is done.

I’m behind on loads of blogging and screencasts (especially with Silverlight).

Anyways I hope to be able to fit in some time soon and catch up with my blog posts.

It’s been a busy time.

If you’re interested in the book.

I’ve finished the first drafts of chapter 1 and chapter 5.  I’m nearly finished my first draft of chapter 4.  My co-author Brian Prince has finished his first draft of chapter 2 and has nearly finished his draft of chapter 3.

All in all we are nearly a third of the way through the book.

No comments: